GOVERNMENT OF NAGALAND
ESTABLISHMENT & ROP CELL
NO.FIN/ROP/4/84 (VOL-I) Dated Kohima, the 21st November, 2005.
Sub: PAYMENT OF DEARNESS ALLOWANCE TO THE STATE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AT CENTRAL RATES EFFECTIVE FROM 1.1.2005 AND 01.07.2005.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department O.M. No. FIN/ROP/4/84 dated 2nd February,2005 and to say that the Governor of Nagaland is pleased to grant Dearness Allowance/Additional Dearness Allowance with effect from 01.01.2005 and 01.07.2005 to the State Government employees at the following revised rates and subject to the following conditions :-
(i) Dearness Allowance
From the existing rate of 64% to 67% from 01-01-05 and from 67% to 71% w.e.f. 01.07.05 of pay in respect of Govt. employees drawing pay in the revised scales under ROP’99.
(ii) Additional Dearness Allowance
Additional DA from the existing rate of 176% to 184% from 01.01.2005 and 184% to 195% from 01.07.2005 of pay in respect of Govt. employees drawing pay in the pre-revise scales under ROP’93.
1. The term ‘Pay’ for the purpose of calculation of Dearness Allowance/Additional Dearness Allowance shall be the pay drawn in the prescribed scale of pay including stagnation increment(s) if any, and non-practicing allowance but shall not include any other types of pay like special pay or personal pay etc.
2. The Dearness Allowance/Additional Dearness Allowance will continue to be a distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay within the ambit of FR 9 (21).
3. The amount of Dearness Allowance/Additional Dearness Allowance shall be rounded off to the nearest rupee. Fraction of 50 paise and above shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee and the fraction of less than 50 paise shall be ignored.
4. These orders shall also apply to the employees appointed on contract against sanctioned posts, and drawing pay in identical scale applicable to the regular employees of the corresponding categories. But these orders shall not apply to the work-charged employees (whether on time scale of pay or on fixed daily/monthly wages) nor shall these orders apply to any other categories of employees on fixed monthly pay or on daily wages.
5. The whole of the arrears from 1-1.2005 to 30-11-2005 shall be credited to the respective GPF/CPF accounts of the employees concerned. Cash payment shall be made from December, 2005 salary onwards ( that is, from the salaries of December 2005 payable in January 2006). No part of the arrears upto 30.11.05 be paid in cash except in respect of those employees who have already retired from service, or have died or are due to RETIRE ON SUPERANUATION on or before 31.3.2006. The Government servant who have not yet opened Provident Fund Account can be allowed to draw the arrears only after the Provident Fund Accounts are opened so that the arrears can be credited to their Provident Fund Accounts.
6. All heads of offices/DDOs are hereby instructed to carefully scrutinize all arrears DA/ADA bills to ensure that NO CASH PAYMENTS are allowed except in respect of those who have already retired or died or are due to RETIRE ON SUPERANUATION on or before 31.3.2006. All such bills must be clearly certified, to that effect, by the head of office/DDO concerned. In case of Government servant due to retire on superanuation, the exact date of retirement shall be recorded in each case. In case of gazetted officers claiming cash payment on account of being due for retirement on superanuation certificate to that effect indicating the exact date of retirement shall be recorded on the body of the bill. Treasury officer shall personally ensure that no cash payment of arrears in respect of serving gazetted officers is allowed in the absence of such certificate.
7. In regard to the credit of arrear to the Contributory Provident Fund, there shall be no matching contribution by the Government.
8. The amount of arrears credited to the Provident Funds shall not be treated as accumulation for the purpose of temporary or Non-refundable withdrawals till 31.03.2007. While sanctioning temporary or Non-refundable withdrawals from Provident Funds, the sanctioning authority shall take care to EXCLUDE this lump sum credit till 31.03.2007. However, this condition shall not apply in case of final withdrawal form Provident Funds in respect of employees who have retired, died or have ceased to be in service otherwise.
9. The amount of arrear credited to Provident Funds under these orders shall earn interest at normal rate.
NO.FIN/ROP/4/84(VOL-I) Dated Kohima, the 21st November, 2005.
Copy to :-
1. The Accountant General, Nagaland, Kohima.
2. The Commissioner & Secretary to the Governor, Raj Bhavan, Kohima.
3. The Addl. Chief Secretary & Commissioner, Nagaland, Kohima.
4. All Addl. Chief Secretaries/Principal Secretaries/Commissioners & Secretaries/Addl. Secretaries/Joint Secretaries to the Govt. of Nagaland.
5. The Secretary, Nagaland Legislative Assembly, Kohima.
6. The Secretary, NPSC, Kohima.
7. All Heads of Departments
8. All D.Cs/ADCs in Nagaland.
9. All Treasuries/Sub-Treasuries, Nagaland.
10. Nagaland House, New Delhi/Kolkata/Shillong/Guwahati,
11. All Branches in Secretariat.
12. The S.I.O, NIC, Secretariat with a request to post this in the Government of Nagaland Website.
Officer-on-Special Duty (Finance).